Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Shower Filter

innyinny
Finding My Feet

Shower Filter

Hi guys :smile: 

I was wondering if anyone had any stories about installing a shower filter? We're thinking of putting one in our bathroom but don't know if we should DIY or get someone to do it.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Shower Filter

Welcome to Workshop @innyinny. It's great to have you join us. I hope you find the site to be informative and offer plenty of great ideas and inspiration. 

I'm sure community members will be keen to assist with advice about the shower filter. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
CathD
Making a Splash

Hi @innyinny,

I had to Google shower filter as I had no idea what it was. What's in your water that you want to filter out? I imagine getting a plumber is the best bet - DIY plumbing can be a disaster. 

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

G'day innyinny
This will be the shortet post that I've made, please ring the lovely people at PSIfilters on 1800-305-579, I guarantee you won't regret it. Their inventory is massive, so don't waste your time trying to nut out what you want/need on-line, they'll have an honest answer in a snap. They're genuinely out to please, their prices are extremely competitive, all items are quality (no knock-offs), & shipping is lightning fast.
We've dealt with them several times, & been over the moon with everything that we've bought from them.

Hi Andy_Mann,

Do they do filters to remove fluoride - which unfortunately is in our town supply??? and chlorine

TU

Janina

Time for bed....  good night

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Janina_G

Sorry for not seeing your reply until now, but PSI Filters are amazing, they have plenty of options from individual outlets that can be chosen to cover individual needs, to whole of house systems.

If your main concern is Chlorine & Fluoride, it will be easily dealt with.

Give them a call for sure, tell them what concerns you, & they'll put you on track for the best way to go about it.

They're super qualified & honest, you can't go wrong.

Thanks Andy,

Dont worry about not seeing the post....   I was so slow  I couldnt sign in,  and then silly me keyed in my email incorrectly,  so I didnt get the pw reset email....  Yes Fluoride and Chlorine are my main problems..... and whole house is what I want,  and it good to know there is someone honest.

Thanks very much

JaninaG

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Janina_G

G'day Janina

All good, I only realised that my post got through this morning, I thought I'd lost it last night when I accidentally refreshed the page. I asked Jason for help on Auto Retrieve, & got his answer this morning, only to find that the message had gone through successfully anyway. I try my best, but I'm easily confused, so there's no need for you to feel alone about being silly. ; )

The other thing I didn't mention about PSIFilters, is that they recommend what's best for you, & not what's best for them.

Good luck

John

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Janina_G

G'day Janina

I looked up the PSI Filter site yesterday morning to check on Fluoride removal, & the best option is Reverse Osmosis, but, they don't have the flow rate capacity for whole of house purposes. If Fluoride in drinking water is your main concern, then an undersink Reverse Osmosis installation where needed, would fix that for you.

As for the Chlorinated water, their standard Whole of House systems will deal with that, & your garden will thank you for fitting it.

Hope this helps, because I've had a couple of brain fade days while trying to help.

Best wishes & good luck

John

Thanks Andy_Mann,

I have had a few brain dead days this week.

Had a FBook friend from Malaysia visit with 3 friends,  and they had a whale of a time in the country,  and then took me back to Melbourne while they shopped till they dropped.

Unfortunately it was me that was worn out,  though I had a fabulous time,  They shopped but didnt drop,  I on the other hand  remember why I HATE shopping so much.

Still it was a good week and they returned to Malyasia this morning and I came home and slept the avo away,  Needless to say I had hundreds of emails to go through.

LOLl

Re Filter,  I do need the Fluoride gone as well as Chlorine.... not just for drinking, but bathing etc,,,  I can tell when there is too much it affect my lungs, eyes hair etc...  Doesnt help to have 2 inherited autoimmune conditions....  Usually it not bad,  but  Some days the smell and tast is disgusting [Chlorine]   We usually try to remove some buy have glass containers in sun  but that doesnt deal with the so called Fluoride...

I meant to ring them but got sidetracked  having and extra good time...:)  So will have to get into it next week.

I will love it,  and my garden should as well....

Thanks for taking the time to let me know

Blessings and have a great weekend

Janina

Do the Fluoride ones come for single taps???  

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects