Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Small bathroom reno

georgiaks
Getting Established

Small bathroom reno

Hi all,

we are renovating our very old and dated bathroom. The photos are before and after having all the asbestos removed.

Any good ideas on configuration to make the best use of the space?
we were thinking of keeping it pretty much the same as it was but a walk in shower rather than a bath. Or even having a shower/bath across the windows instead. 

I’m very much a reno newbie so any advice on what to do first, waterproofing, use of space, tiling etc is welcome!

thanks in advance5E8B1C6D-C485-4BF6-B479-02090AB3AE4C.jpeg

  

A66DCCCD-B7AD-4345-8FC5-E2E6618606ED.jpeg

F7D882F3-09C5-4CDD-BFAA-FC7CCBB832A8.jpeg

78B05418-36F1-45B1-AB13-AB5E61F7C119.png

B5D215B5-C972-4D24-82C3-BEFC4C3AA3BA.jpeg

E18D6232-1FF2-4470-97EA-C99C9E339D7F.jpeg

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Small bathroom reno

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @georgiaks. It's great to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your project.

I’m sure @MitchellMc and @redracer01 would be happy to help plan out the first steps of this project. In the meantime, check out these popular bathroom projects so you can start getting inspiration for your space.

Look forward to seeing your progress along the way,

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @georgiaks,

Many thanks for sharing your bathroom project and questions.

The first thing to do is plan out the space and decide exactly where your elements will be placed. You'll then be able to move on to the next step of laying tile underlay and waterproofing the appropriate areas. You should find these step-by-step guides useful:

I've spent some time having a look at a few potential layouts. My personal favourite is the last, including the partition wall. This wall could be substituted for a glass divider. Appropriate waterproofing of the window sills would need to be completed to ensure no water damage occurs.

Please let me know what you think and if you have any questions about getting started.

Mitchell

Hi @MitchellMc ,

How do you make these diagrams ? 

Any free software ? 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @abhayks,

For this design, I've used the Caroma 3D Planner as it has options to add toilet suits and bathroom sinks. It's the first time I've tried it out today, and it's free to use. There's also the Kaboodle 3D Planner, which is best used for kitchens and laundries and is also free to use.

Please let me know if you need any assistance getting started with them.

Mitchell

Thanks 

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @georgiaks 

Welcome to Bunnings Workshop. Below are my suggestions for your bathroom renovation. I've pretty much put everything where they were so that you will not have to spend too much on plumbing. I just added some modern touches and a massive shower for you. Hope you enjoy the drawings.

Cheers,

Red

georgiaks bath1.jpggeorgiaks bath2.jpggeorgiaks bath3.jpggeorgiaks bath4.jpggeorgiaks bath5.jpggeorgiaks bath6.jpggeorgiaks bath7.jpggeorgiaks bath8.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects