Workshop
Ask a question

How to remove a toilet bowl stain?

Kar
Finding My Feet

How to remove a toilet bowl stain?

Hi Everyone,

How do I remove the brown stain on the toilet under the water line?

I have tried Ajax, Duck, and all sorts of other toilet cleaners, I even tried Denture tablets this helped a little, but the stains are still there.

Any help will be greatly appreciated 

Thanks

Kar

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Toilet Stain

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Kar. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about cleaning toilet stains.

How old is the toilet? Older toilets, through wear and abrasive cleaners, can have their glazed coating compromised. Once the glazed coating wears off, it exposes the porcelain beneath. Porcelain absorbs stains into it's surface, and you typically can not remove them. Provided the toilet isn't 20 years old, and the glazed coating is intact, I'd recommend you try Hillmark 375g Scalex Appliance Descaler. It went viral a few years ago when someone discovered a hack and the results when they used it in a toilet to remove stains and scale buildup. If you look closely, it does actually state on the packaging that it can be used on toilets, but who am I to ruin a good hack?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Toilet Stain

Thanks, I have no idea how old the toilet is as I rent, but will give this a try

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects