Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Very small laundry reno ideas

danij
Getting Established

Very small laundry reno ideas

Hi All, we have a very small laundry that needs to be changed. At the moment its hard to even fit in it to do the laundry. The useable area is really only 1600mm x 1600mm as the internal and external doors take up one end. I was thinking the cupboard would come out for sure (to give dimensions above). current appliances are new and will be staying, top loader needs about 700mm wide, dryer is 600mm wide. Any layout ideas would be appreciated. its so hard to visualise how everything will fit! thanks!

IMG20200124154729.jpg

IMG20200124154629.jpg

IMG20200124154642.jpg

  

ordinary-home
Cultivating a Following

Re: Very small laundry reno ideas

 This is my small laundry idea, the panels are the beech benchtops from Bunnings. 

Updating Media

Screenshot_20200201-212850.png

Screenshot_20200201-212858.png

288 KB of 839.14 KB

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

"I am short and would need a step to reach"

Hi Danji

Similar issue here (my wife) until I mounted the dryer upside down (do dryer manufacturers still allow this?)

Got some dimensions for us? I'm looking at the back wall. Maybe a small cupboard mounted on the wall to the right of my proposed dryer position?

Cheers

Graeme.

Scan0246.jpg

danij
Getting Established

thanks @Noyade, this is i think the only layout that will work easily . as one of the others suggested i had considered changing the door to a slider, but that just involves a bit more work.

our dryer can go upside down so that helps! i was thinking i might see if i can put a fold up/down bench so if i need extra benchspace but can then fold away out of the way.

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

danij.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Good one @redracer01.

What do you think @danij?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects