Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What material should i use for my laundry wall if i will be tiling it

SteveD
Just Starting Out

What material should i use for my laundry wall if i will be tiling it

Currently updating our laundry which has wood panelling as the wall material. in repairing and relocating the plumbing and electrical we have removed the panelling from the wall. as part of the reno cabinetry will be installed on thatf wall and the visible area will be tiled. intereste to know what material should be used to clad the wall. Do we reuse the timber panels, swap out for plaster or some type of cement sheeting?

Walzz
Building a Reputation

Re: What material should i use for my laundry wall if i will be tiling it

A laundry would normally be sheeted with 6mm Villaboard. This provides an ideal surface for tiling.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @SteveD. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

I see @Walzz has already given a prompt and helpful reply which is fantastic.

I'd agree that Villaboard is suitable for the purpose you've described. Another alternative is to use CSR Aquacheck plasterboard which is also suitable for wet areas like your laundry.

Please let us know if you need further information or had any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Walzz. It's terrific to have you join us and many thanks for offering some sound advice.

You are obviously very knowledgable about many things D.I.Y. related. I trust our members find your assistance very helpful with their projects within the community.

We look forward to hearing all about your own projects around the house and garden and would encourage you to let us know if you ever need assistance or would like to share them with the community.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects