Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What ppe should i consider when cleaning mould from bathroom ceiling?

wendylee
Growing in Experience

What ppe should i consider when cleaning mould from bathroom ceiling?

Hi, I've noticed a lot of mould building up on my bathroom ceiling. This is a rental property.

There is plenty of ventilation so not sure why this is happening. 

Should I attempt cleaning this myself and if so how much PPE do i need as I've had respiratory issues before so I'm a little hesitant. 

Thank you

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What ppe should i consider when cleaning mould from bathroom ceiling?

Hello @wendylee 

Thanks for sharing your question regarding cleaning the mould off your bathroom ceiling.

In order to prevent triggering your respiratory issues, I suggest investing in a Citeco Half Face Respirator A1P2 Kit. This mask protects you both from chemical vapours and particulates in the air. It's soft rubber edge ensures that you get a positive seal on your face. I also suggest wearing gloves and goggles when you begin cleaning.

But if you are still feeling hesitant, there is nothing wrong with engaging the services of a cleaning agent. I suggest getting a few quotes first before you make any decisions regarding your ceiling. 

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How to remove mould stains from walls (the steps used are applicable to your ceiling project)

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
wendylee
Growing in Experience

Re: What ppe should i consider when cleaning mould from bathroom ceiling?

Hi EricL

Thank you for your answer to my query. You answered it perfectly. I might try the mask suggested.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects