Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

door repair

arashid
Getting Established

door repair

Hi

There r a few swollen spots appearing on outer side of bathroom door. Are they repairable??? If yes can anyone guide please

20200610_174236.jpg

how to fix them.  M attaching a pic for reference. 

Regards

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: door repair

Hi @arashid,

Could you please tell us more about the door as it's a little hard to tell what it is from your photo. I take it this is the door to your bathroom, not a vanity door?

How did the damage occur?

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
arashid
Getting Established

20200612_115039.jpg

Hi Jason!!!

Thanks for ur msg. It is not vanity door . Ot is our bathroom entrance door. We r not sure why it is happening. M attaching another pic hope it will help.

Regards

20200612_112218.jpg

arashid
Getting Established

door replacement cost

hi

Can someone please give me an estimation how much it will cost if we want to get our bathroom door replaced. The doors available in bunnings are they come already painted ???? If yes how to make sure it is same as the one we  previously have.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @arashid,

If the areas are swollen then it indicates water or moisture has penetrated into the MDF skins on the doors. You are going to need to sand the areas back flat, apply a undercoat similar to British paints 4in1 and then a topcoat of Aquanamel.

I note you have had a few different questions in regards to water damaged panels and doors. Is there an extraction fan in these bathrooms that is runs during showers/baths? The reason I ask is because the amount of damage you have is more than what would be expected in a normal bathroom. If there is extraction fans in place and running, you might need to look at increases their capacity.

The cost of replacing the door would be reflected in whether you will have a trades-person replace it or not. The cost of a internal hollow-core door is relatively inexpensive, but most of the cost will be associated with installation. Our doors do not come already painted and you can verify the correct one to purchase by measuring the height, width and thickness of your door. These measurements can be matched up with those doors available on our website.

If you need further information or have questions, please let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects