Workshop
Ask a question

How to attach a garden adaptor to bathroom tap?

ventodimare
Building a Reputation

How to attach a garden adaptor to bathroom tap?

Hello,

I want to connect a hose to my bathroom tap to water my plants on the balcony. I've found a gardena Adaptor (see pic). I was wondering if this can work with my current tap (see pics). The gardena says it is compatible with all popular taps with M 24 x 1 male and M 22 x 1 female threads. I cannot figure out what kind of tap I have. Thanks a mil

1000014606.jpg

1000014605.jpg

1000014604.jpg

1000014603.jpg

   

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: garden Adaptor for tap

Hi @ventodimare,

Thank you for your question.

The piece I have circled in the below image is called an aerator. It is similar to this one FIX-A-TAP WELS 5 Star 6L/min Male Swivel Aerator.

You will have to remove this using the provided tap spanner to allow the adaptor to screw into the tap in the same way the aerator has been.

Let me know if you have any issues and I will assist further.

Jacob

ventodimare
Building a Reputation

Re: garden Adaptor for tap

Hello @JacobZ 

Apologies if I wasn't clear.

My question is in relation to the gardena adapter. I don't know if it will fit my pipe ( see pic of my pipe). The gardena iInstructions say the adapter is compatible with all taps with M 24 x 1 male and M 22 x 1 female threads. I cannot figure out what kind of tap I have 😞. Thanks for ur help

1000014698.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to attach a garden adaptor to bathroom tap?

Hi @ventodimare,

It appears you have now removed the aerator from your tap, which is great. The next step is to screw on the adaptor, which I've circled in red below. Your tap looks like it has the M 22 x 1 female threads. You might need to remove a portion of the adaptor to reveal the male threaded section you need to screw into the female threads on your tap.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects