Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

how to fit shower screen door

holmess
Finding My Feet

how to fit shower screen door

Hey team, 

Any advice on fitting this shower screen door to my shower entry? It's a steel frame house FYI. I've included pics of the door and the shower entry

20200514_161020.jpg

20200515_090005.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to fit shower screen door

Hi @holmess. Many thanks for your question, I'd be happy to assist with it.

One of the main issues people run into is the sizing of panels as the glass can not be cut down or adjusted. Just to confirm, is the measurement of the shower entry between 865mm and 875mm?  It is most likely just distortion from the image but that looks like a fairly narrow entry.

Will you be fixing the panel to the right or left side of the entry? It appears on the left you are fixing through tiles, but what is on the right-hand side?

Was there anything in the instructions which weren't particularly clear or you had concerns about prior to installing that I can assist with?

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hey Mitchell, 

The entry is 920mm and yeah I'm good g to mount on the left through the tiles. I've not mounted one before but do I need to ensure I mount to a wall stud? Or is mounting the bracket onto the tiles enough because it mounts to the floor as well and supports the weight? 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@holmess,

I am of the understanding that the kit should include plastic plugs designed to go into the holes you've drilled in the tiles. The mounting brackets then get attached to the tiles with those plugs and screws. 

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects