Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

leaking shower taps

mychell99
Just Starting Out

leaking shower taps

My shower taps are spewing water everywhere down the wall even spraying the bathroom roof the water goes  cold all of a sudden even though the hot water is on full bore no other hot water tap has this issue in the house do u think replacing the whole tap and all the parts rite back too the wall  will make a difference we have had this problem for a while now and i cant afford a plumber and need a solution 

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

Re: leaking shower taps

@mychell99 welcome to the Workshop community, sounds like you have some issues there, you've come to the right place though.

I'll try to answer your questions.

If water is spraying out of the taps you have leaky or non existent washers.

I'm not sure why the hot water would come out cold all of a sudden, can you please check to see if this happens whilst only the hot is turned on.

Is there a chance whilst you are showering someone else is using the hot water in the house as that would be a common cause for fluctuating temps?

Replacing the taps would most likely fix the leak, but only because they will come with new washers.

I have my doubts that it would fix the cold water issue.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to Workshop @mychell99. Great to see you have already got a helpful reply from Mitch. Hope it helps get you started on diagnosing your problems. Please don't hesitate to post whenever you need a hand around the house and garden. You will find our members are incredibly helpful, sharing information, advice and project inspiration on the site every day.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MartyH
Amassing an Audience

Hi @mychell99,

My concern would be that these leaking taps are damaging your house. Do you have access under the house to have a look? Is there any evidence of water damaging walls, ceilings, floors, etc? A plumber might save you money in the long run... 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects