Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

vanity basin plug hole

AP200
Getting Established

vanity basin plug hole

My vanity basin has a plug hole that is metal & you push the metal bung down to plug off the sink. The springy piece in the pipe gets blocked and is a pain to clean! The old style basin outlet was certainly easier.

Is it possible to buy a small grate and  plug kit (or the parts individually)and replace the outlet system it has now Thankyou for any advice.

vanity sink.JPG

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: vanity basin plug hole

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @AP200. It's amazing to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

You can certainly replace the waste with the standard plug style if you wish too. There are two different sizes 32mm and 40mm and I believe this Kinetic 32-40mm Chrome Basin Waste With Plug suits both sizes. If you unscrew your current waste from the pipework and sink then the team in-store can get you a replacement plug and waste to suit.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or had any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JDE
Becoming a Leader

Re: vanity basin plug hole

Ap200  I hear you we have the same stupid plug system. I agree with Mitchell long term his is the best solution and is what Ill be doing. Short term if you get a knife / screwdriver  under the edge of the plug piece ours will slide out and you can use a cheap plug. Only problem with this is there is no grate so things can fall in.

JDE

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects