Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

vanity repair

arashid
Getting Established

vanity repair

Hi

Our bathroom vanity drawers are swollen. Is there any way to fix them.

20200506_182858.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: vanity repair

Welcome to the Workshop community @arashid. I'd be happy to assist with your question.

By the time the chipboard has swollen to the degree pictured it is so degraded that there is no fixing it. The glue holding the board together has deteriorated and will continue to do so. My advice would be to look at replacing the drawer fronts if the rest of the vanity is in good condition. If the vanity is aged I would suggest the possibility of replacing it entirely.

We have a fantastic variety of vanities to choose from in-store and an even larger range available online.

If you required further assistance or had additional questions, please let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks a lot for ur support. There is no problem with the rest of vanity. From where we can get the drawer front of same size can u please advise on this.

Kind regards 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @arashid.

We have a variety of drawer panels in standard sizes available. If your draw panels did not match these sizes you would need to have some custom made. The cost to have them custom made would more than likely be more than a replacement vanity.

Mitchell

Great will have a look. One more thing is there a way to stop it from happening. Means if it just starts to happen is there anything can we apply on it to stop further destruction.

Kind regards 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @arashid.

This issue happens when water penetrates the corners and edges of the coating applied to the inner timber. Kaboodle drawer panels have a thermal vinyl coating with no exposed corners to prevent this from happening. The best way to stop it from happening on other brand products is to prevent water from sitting on the surfaces. Once the inner timber is exposed you could try painting it to assist in stopping it progression further.

Mitchell

Thanks for the advice. One more thing which paint i can use there r so many have no idea😬😬

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @arashid.

Laminate paint would be suitable from White Knight or Dulux as they are designed to stick to those surfaces.

Mitchell

Hi Mitchell

I wanna know do Bunnings have finger pull drawer panels as well.

Kind regards

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @arashid.

In the Kaboodle range, they have "J-pull" drawer panels. Here's an example of Kaboodle 450mm Coconut Milk J-Pull Drawer Panels 4 Pack.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects