Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do you register your Ryobi tools?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

How do you register your Ryobi tools?

If you have purchased a new Ryobi tool or battery, the first step is to create a Customer Account at ryobi.com.au/register for Australia or ryobi.co.nz/register for New Zealand.

After you have created your account, Ryobi will send you a message to confirm and validate your email address.

Once your account is validated, please log into your account and register your products. You'll need your tool and proof of purchase such as your Bunnings receipt.

Please note that Ryobi's registration and extended warranty offer are for tools-only. Batteries and chargers do not have an extended warranty.

You can still register the charger and battery online for record-keeping purposes. If you wish to register your charger or battery online and cannot find the serial number on either a sticker on the charger or battery, a tag on the cord, or an imprint on the plug, you can use ten zeros in place of your serial number for the online form. You'll be prompted to upload a copy of your Bunnings receipt as well.

However, please remember that when you register tools, it is essential to enter the correct serial number from your tool to activate the extended warranty.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: serial number

All good, @buttigiegp; you haven't wasted anyone's time, as we're here to help. Just glad you got it sorted. 

Please reach out anytime you need assistance or have something to share with the community.

Mitchell

davealy
Just Starting Out

How to use a Ryobi warranty?

Hey guys, my Ryobi recriprocating saw has stopped working, purchased October 2022, can you let me know the warranty process please, cheers

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ryobi warranty

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @davealy. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about Ryobi warranty.

It's a super simple process. Just take the tool and your proof of purchase to your nearest Bunnings store, and if the machine is faulty then the team will swap it over for you.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Mitchell

helen6
Just Starting Out

How to get extra warranty for Ryobi line trimmer?

do i get extra warranty on my ryobi line trimmer

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: ryobi line trimmer

Hello @helen6 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your Ryobi warranty.

If your line trimmer falls under the category of wireless with a battery system of NiCd, NiMH or Lithium-Ion, you can apply for a two-year extended warranty. Everything else is not applicable to the extended warranty. I've placed a list of the warranty terms for Ryobi below, it will give you a much better idea on which products are eligible for the extended warranty.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

lucaren
Just Starting Out

Why does Bunnings require proof of receipt to repair Ryobi tools?

I have a drop saw and a cordless drill that each appear to have faulty switches I need replaced. When I called to drop off the items I was told I need proof of purchase. I’ve had these tools for years and have no interest in warranty or faulty claims, I just don’t want to throw them away if they have spare parts available. I’d like to pay for those spare parts and their installation. How do I make that happen?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: why does bunnings require proof of receipt to repair ryobi tools?

Hello @lucaren 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's a pleasure to have you join us and thank you for sharing your question about Ryobi tools.

The receipt for your Ryobi tools is part of the repair processing steps. I understand that your tools are no longer under warranty and as such can't be processed through regular means. Allow me to reach out to you through private messaging so that I can assist your further.

Eric

Re: How to use a Ryobi warranty?

How do I register my warranty for my Ryobi tools I bought? 

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to use a Ryobi warranty?

Hi @yasmin09,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community! It is awesome you have joined and thank you for asking how to register your Ryobi tools. 

• The first step is to create a Customer Account at ryobi.com.au/register for Australia or ryobi.co.nz/register for New Zealand
  • After you have created your account Ryobi will send you an email to confirm and validate your email address
  • Once your account is validated log into your account and register your Products - there is a guide to how to register on their site.

Let us know if you need anything further assistance. We look forward to seeing what you create with your Ryobi tools!

Katie

rhondadonaldso
Just Starting Out

Where do I register my new Ryobi trimmer and blower?

I was told at Bunnings yesterday to register my warranty online, easier said than done, can't find the appropriate site. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. Rhonda

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects