Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Our Auckland East Mens Shed upgrade

Splodg
Growing in Experience

Our Auckland East Mens Shed upgrade

Hi, The men's shed I attend is developing all the time. We started in what was an old council tractor shed and quickly tuned it into a good place to carry out your own or community projects.

Some time is also spent on developing and expanding the facility's.

At the moment we are building a Mezzanine level to facilitate more space for our 160 members.

Here are some photos taken a different stages of the build which is still to be completed.

Most of the materials have been financed by grants and donations, including the new LED strip lighting for the upstairs work benches and the lighting to be installed below the decking.

Splodg

S1830004.jpgS1830012.jpgS1830025.jpgS1830048.jpgS1830058.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Our Auckland East Mens Shed upgrade

That's some awe-inspiring work, @Splodg. It's wonderful to see that you're receiving grants and donations to carry out the renovation.

I'm sure many of our members would be interested in hearing how one would join such a group, what projects could be completed there and general enlightenment about what goes on there. I've gone to a few Men's Sheds before and have a fairly good grasp on it, but I'm sure a good portion of our members wouldn't be aware of their existence. Anything you could share would be appreciated.

Many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Tyro
Becoming a Leader

Re: Our Auckland East Mens Shed upgrade

Congratulations!  That's a beaut workplace! 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects