Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Painted driveway

Trouper66
Getting Established

Painted driveway

received_245048910109012.jpegI have just applied 2 coats of BergercJet Dry gloss to my drive way and upon completion have realised that I may have a safety issue. The surface is slippery when it is wet which may cause injury should someone slip on it. 

Checked with the local store and enquired as to whether I could recoat with grit in the paint. Their recommendation was no due to the current cold weather we are experiencing. I have applied safety strips along the top of the drive but I do not know how long they will stay on.

After recommendations on how this issue could be resolved.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Painted driveway

Welcome to the Workshop community @Trouper66. Many thanks for your question, I'm sorry to hear of the issues with your driveway coating.

I have spoken to the Berger team and they advised that the can states that the product should not be used on sloped driveways. However, they have recommended that your recoat with grit needs to be done when the substrate is above 10 degrees celsius and you have 3 to 4 days of weather predicted with no rain. In the interim, I would recommend you use safety tape to isolate the area in question.

If you need further assistance or had questions about the recoating process, please let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you for your response. The problem doesn't seem to be so bad today. There is no real slipage as much as yesterday.

Will give it another coat with the grit when the weather improves. In the meantime I have put strips across the drive to give some grip.

ayahchristensen
Getting Established

Try Add some sand in paint it worked for my front steps

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects