Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ryobi High Pressure Cleaner RPW140-G

Maz5067
Getting Established

Ryobi High Pressure Cleaner RPW140-G

Today I purchased the Ryobi High Pressure Cleaner RPW140-G hoping the soap attachment would help me with car cleaning.  However the option does not work.

The instructions are unclear.  Does it really work.  If so what’s the secret 

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

Re: Ryobi High Pressure Cleaner RPW140-G

@Maz5067 I presume you purchased this item from Bunnings, your best option would be to take it in and get a team member to look at it, as it may be faulty.

Alternatively I can try and assist you here.

When the soap dispenser is attached are you saying that no soap is dispensed through it?

Does water come through the nozzle but no soap?

Does it specify in the manual to use a specific soap, if so are you using that brand/type?

Do the instruction for the liquid soap ask you to dilute it with water, if so have you done that?

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Maz5067
Getting Established

It does not mention a particular soap in the manual  nor to dilute it. 
yes the water pressure works but no soap  I even tried coloured water.  No evidence of that either. 

if I return it will a replacement work. I don’t think so.  So how do I get it to work?   Iv seen this problem reported on the Bunnings page

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

@Maz5067 at the end of the nozzle there are two sections that spin. One adjusts the width of the spray and one that adjusts the power of the spray.

Do you have the power turned to full as it needs to be to draw the soap?

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Maz5067
Getting Established

I definitely had width of spray and power on to the big end of the arrow for power 

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

@Maz5067 might be worth spinning the power the other direction just in case the markings are obscure.

The only other thing I can think of, is the hose in the soap container reaching down into the soap?

Failing you wanting to take it back in to have a team member look at it, I'm happy to give Ryobi a call for you on Monday and see what they think about the situation.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Maz5067,

Sorry to read of your troubles but great to see that Mitch has been assisting. I see you have also noticed there's some similar experiences on this thread, as well as suggestions about how to address the problem - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Outdoor/Ryobi-2000PSI-pressure-washer/td-p/9822

Welcome to the Workshop community. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand with a project around the house and garden. We have helpful, clever and creative members sharing advice and inspiration on the site every day. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

@Maz5067 I've just made contact with Ryobi and there are some things we have not tried which sound promising.

1. Soap needs to be very thin, almost water consistency.

2. The power/pressure needs to be set to minimum (the minus sign), not maximum like we were thinking. This sprays out just the soap.

3. Remove the Lance at the front, leaving just the handset/trigger. Squeeze the trigger for up to 1 minute until the soap is flowing. Replace the wand/Lance, set to minus and continue to spray soap.

Please let me know how you go following this procedure.

Maz5067
Getting Established

I followed your suggestion re dropping pressure and initially had to pulse the trigger tp get small amounts of the bottle fluid. After fiddling for about 5 minutes I got a light foam.   I will try this again with some anti mould after cleaning pavers.  
Alex from Ryobi messaged me on Facebook so if he has any further advice I will add it here 

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

@Maz5067 glad to see you have had some success. Please do let us know if you receive further advice.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects