Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Shed Ideas

KJHiggins
Just Starting Out

Shed Ideas

Hi All

I'm thinking about building a new shed in place of the old one I had to tear down a few years ago.  The area measures 3220*2280mm from the outside of the existing breeze blocks on the floor. My idea is to have a two sided shed and the third and fourth walls to be the house walls.  Roof of the shed to starts from underneath the house.

I think timber would be the easiest, but not sure what to use.  Any ideas would be great?  Once I know this, then I can cost it to see if I can afford to do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old shed areaOld shed area

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Shed Ideas

Hi @KJHiggins,

Welcome to Workshop and apologies for the slow reply. 

This looks like a great little project. Let me tag some of our ever-helpful community members in @Brad and @gippslandhome who might like to kick off the discussion for you. 

Feel free to post anytime you need a hand with a project or have something to share. We are looking forward to seeing this one come to life. 

Jason 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Good morning @Jason and @KJHiggins 

Sorry for the late reply.

The first step I would be taking is to speak to your local building board/ council to see if you need a permit.

I'm pretty sure if you are going to use the two house walls as part of the shed and have a solid roof you may need too get a permit and then drawings done up.

But it doesn't hurt to call before to check.

Then you will get a clearer picture as to what steps to take next.

Kind regards Rob 👍😁

+1 to needing approval if it has a roof and is attached to the main building based on SA rules which are supposed to be national standard.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects