Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Timber jewellery box - new jointing method

r23on
Amassing an Audience

Timber jewellery box - new jointing method

My how time flys when yah having fun. I have been trying some new joint methods "Isoloc" So i though I would start with another jewellery box because there is always some off cuts laying around. But I have come to a holt. I need some Meranti and can not find any in the local area (Melb North East) anyone with any ideas?

I have also been playing with finishing methods using wet and dry and metho. The dust from the wet and dry mixed with the metho makes a great natural wood filler and will stain the same colour as the timber being worked on. This box has all the knot holes left in for some character.

Some photos so far

IMG_1489.JPGIMG_1490.JPGIMG_1491.JPG

Old-gal24
Becoming a Leader

Re: new jointing method

@r23on 

I know this is an old post, but I just had to say WOW, this box is stunning. - I'd love to have a go at doing something like this when I finish setting up my workshop and I have plenty of time to move and work.  Keep up your amazing work.

Cheers

Jenn

r23on
Amassing an Audience

Re: new jointing method

Hi Jenn

Thank for the feedback Currently travelling around Aus sorry for the late reply. These joints can not be done by hand and require a jig to cut them they are called isolock joints. you can check them out on the net.

Regards

R23on

EdwardW
Having an Impact

Re: Timber jewellery box - new jointing method

Very neat! 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects