Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Turning a garage into a sewing room come cathouse

Carmel1955
Having an Impact

Turning a garage into a sewing room come cathouse

AfterAfter

Moved into house last November with small side garage attached to house...needed a sewing room so painted and layed adhesive tiles (to concrete floor...used extra vinyl glue ..Senso Urban Planks 914 x152 x2mm)  and have been very successful with no movement.  Since moving in have acquired Max the cat hence the makeshift security screen inside tilt a door....looking forward to posting more diy attempts....

BeforeBefore

BeforeBeforeAfterAfter20220716_102615.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Turning a garage into a sewing room come cathouse

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Carmel1955. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your brilliant project.

I love how you've turned a garage into a functional sewing room in a few easily achievable steps. I trust our members will now be envisaging how they could replicate your project. One of the features I like best is the ability to open the garage door, giving the space a more open feel. It's a wonder that this type of wall is not something that could be used in construction instead of just garages. Imagine an enclosed alfresco area with solid walls that, at a click of a button, all rolled up into the ceiling like your garage door.

Well done, and congratulations on a beautiful transformation. I'm sure you're exceptionally pleased with the results.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects