Workshop
Ask a question

How to repair rusted Colorbond shed wall?

bharathiihassan
Finding My Feet

How to repair rusted Colorbond shed wall?

Colourbond shed wall is rusted at the bottom. How to repair it??

1000019288.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair rusted Colorbond shed wall?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @bharathiihassan. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about repairing rusted Colorbond.

From the amount of rust, I can tell the panel is heavily degraded, and there are likely now pinholes through it. There is no real way to repair the steel, but you might be able to halt the rust's progression to a certain extent. I'd start by removing as much of the rust as possible. You'd need to use a wire wheel on a drill to scrape the rust away. Once you have removed most of the surface and flaky rust, you can apply a rust converter to bind and inhibit further growth. When the convertor has dried, select your corresponding Colorbond colour spray paint and repaint the area.

After the spray paint is dry, you might like to run a bead of Sikaflex 11FC along the bottom edge of the panel to help prevent water penetration under the sheeting. Here's a helpful guide: How to apply silicone sealant.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How to repair rusted Colorbond shed wall?

Thank you Mitchell. I will try as per your advice!.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects