Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

36V Ozito Line Trimmer why does the bumper feed not work at all?

lesleymkerr
Just Starting Out

36V Ozito Line Trimmer why does the bumper feed not work at all?

Brand new out of the box and the bump feed just does not work at all. Any suggestions please?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: 36V Ozito Line Trimmer why does the bumper feed not work at all?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @lesleymkerr. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about the 36V Ozito line trimmer.

Are you holding the throttle trigger down and have the head at full speed whilst bumping the head? Are you extending the line with the bump action before it being fully used up? Those would be the two main reasons why the feed is not working. The head must be in motion, and there must be some line length to help throw out new line through centrifugal force. If you use the line right back to the head before trying to bump it out, there is not enough line weight extended to help pull out more. I tend to bump as I work instead of bumping when I need more line. I'll give the head a little bump every few metres to help keep the line fully extended.

Failing the above working for you, I'd return the unit to the store of purchase and get a team member to take a look at it for you; it could be faulty.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects