Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Best electric cutter for cutting and trimming small branches and tree saplings?

itoen
Finding My Feet

Best electric cutter for cutting and trimming small branches and tree saplings?

Hi guys

Is there an electric cutter that would be good for cutting down a tree sapling and trimming small branches? There is so much variety out there that I feel a bit overwhelmed and don’t know what to look for. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: best electric cutter for cutting and trimming small branches and tree saplings?

Hi @itoen,

We have a great range of cordless chainsaws, which would suit cutting down a sapling and trimming small branches. The Ryobi One+ 18V Cordless Chainsaw would be suitable for most light work around the yard. If you wanted something more powerful, then its bigger brother, the Ryobi 36V 35cm Brushless Chainsaw is also a great choice and more than capable of getting through tough jobs.

If a chainsaw was a tad overwhelming, we also have the fantastic Ryobi 18V ONE+ Pruning Saw. It's capable of cutting green branches up to 65mm thick and is very lightweight. I've used one of these several times before and am very impressed with their capability.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or have questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects