Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can I repot and move Coleus and Anthurium plants in winter?

Gardenhelp
Building a Reputation

Can I repot and move Coleus and Anthurium plants in winter?

I have a Colesus plant which I need to plant in the  garden bed. I am not sure if I could have this done during winter. It is a big plant.

I have a crowded Anthurium which need to be  divided and re potted. Again I am not sure if winter is the right time to do this. It is crowded. Can I put the Anthurium in the garden bed? Coleus.jpganthurium.jpg

Gardenhelp
Building a Reputation

Re: Plant Coleus from pot to garden and Anthurium to be divided repot

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your help with my garden. Please find attached photos as requested. I am not certain where the Colesus should be planted.

The garden bed shown is on the west side . I have Lilly Pillys/ Murraya  all around the house in garden bed. 

I have a Persian Shield plant too. Not sure if it could be planted in the garden . North Facing front lawnNorth Facing front lawnWest side lawnWest side lawnBack yardBack yardPersian Shield.JPGPart of Garden bed on west sidePart of Garden bed on west side

I have another problem. It is worms. There are lots of worms and for the rain they creep on to the back patio shown in one photo. The patio cannot be used as there are so many worms for this weather. Is there anything I can do to stop worms from coming into the patio? Please help.

Thank you

Kind regards

Anushia

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Can I repot and move Coleus and Anthurium plants in winter?

Hello @Gardenhelp

Thank you very much for posting those pictures. I would probably go with picture number two where you still have a spot near the fence in the raised garden bed. As for the worms we would need to see what kind of worms we are looking at. If they are regular pink earthworms, there will be no problems with these, but if they are grub worms then I would hold off planting and treat the area first.

Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the worm? Our members can then assess what kind of worm you have in your garden. We can then make recommendations on how to proceed. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Gardenhelp
Building a Reputation

Re: WORMS inside and outside home

• Worm in hallway.jpgWorm patio1.jpgWorm patio 2.jpg
Gardenhelp
Building a Reputation

Hi Eric.

Thanks for your reply. I have attached 3 photos of worms around my home.I found a worm in the hallway (This is the second day in the hallway / lounge area). The front door has Bunnings Door Bottom sweep seal . The door has not been opened in days due to the bad weather. We use the internal garage door to exit and enter. This door bottom has the sweep seal too and kept closed.

Please let me know what I need to do to stop worms inside the house!

Thank you

Kind regards

Gardenhelp

Hi @Gardenhelp.

The worms are moving as the rain has flooded the soil in that area. They are trying to escape and not drown. If it's only a few at times, I'd take pity on them and move them back to a garden bed. They are incredibly beneficial to your garden, spending their whole lives improving your soil.

If you were to install a tall smooth plastic garden edging, that might deter them from leaving the flooded area.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell,

Thank you for your assistance. However squeamish I may feel I always   move them back to the garden.. It is just I wanted to know how to prevent them from coming inside the home. I have got Seasol ground wetter from Bunnings. Once the lawn dries up a bit, I will use this as mentioned by Bunnings Pymble. Thank you for  your help.

Kind regards

Gardenhelp

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects