Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can you paint plastic garden pots?

jennih
Cultivating a Following

Can you paint plastic garden pots?

I have a question

i have bought a lot of 60cm black plastic pots at Bunnings Campbelltown.

Can I paint them or do something that will make them look more decor / attractive.

Any ideas?

I looked at the large ceramic ones but I can’t afford them 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: garden pots

Hi @jennih,

I'm sure there are plenty of ways to spruce up your black plastic pots. I'd recommend you start by picking up some plastic primer. Once you apply this primer to the plastic pots, your paint will be able to adhere to the surface. You can get some really neat effect paints in the Duramax range like Marble, Rust, Glitter, Copper Rose and Terracotta.

Make sure to check out @brendawebster44's discussion on Can you paint a plastic pot?. She came up with a great way to add your own texture to the surface of a plastic pot.

A product that I've enjoyed using recently is Crommelin Liquidstone. It's super easy to give your plastic pots a terracotta look, and it really improves their appearance.

I'm keen to follow along with your project and see what result you can achieve. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects