Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Chemset for post into brick wall

geoff_70
Just Starting Out

Chemset for post into brick wall

Hello, wanting to attach a 125x125mm spotted gum post to this wall, holes are already drilled. The bricks are 110 thick and the post is going to be for balustrade only (wire) I was thinking of using 12mm threaded rod with chemset 101 but the specs on the chemset don't seem to explain if this is possible? Surely this would be a common use case for this stuff? Load will be sheer for the post and pulling out for the balustrade wire. Going to fill hole with chemset, place 110mm of rod into it, twist it etc than let them set and mount the 125mm thick post onto them then bolt them all up.

Thanks

Geoff

Post Wall.jpg

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Chemset for post into brick wall

Hi @geoff_70, provided you following the instructions of the Chemset product (hole diameter, correct plugs, fixing method and curing time) it'll be perfectly fine. 

From memory the hole size is 16-18mm and there are 2 different plug sizes depending on the size of the threaded rod (10mm in your case). The plugs are specially designed to disperse the Chemset once injected and created the rock solid hold you're looking for. Importantly - clear the hole of all dust before injecting the Chemset.

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

Thanks ProjectPete, yep all done, I must say the Chemset101 goes off rather quickly! Apart from that, post is up and attached so thanks!

Geoff

Happy to help @geoff_70. Yes it does go off fairly quickly (sorry I should've mentioned that) but now it's in, it won't be going anyway - great stuff!

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @geoff_70,

I'd just like to welcome you to the Bunnings Workshop community.

It's fantastic to see that @ProjectPete has provided some helpful assistance and you have now completed your project. I trust our members would be interested in seeing the final product once the balustrading is installed.

We look forward to hearing more about the projects you have going on around your house and garden and would encourage you to let us know anytime you need assistance or have something to share. Our helpful members are always willing to lend a hand as you no doubt have already realised.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects