Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Crommelin pond sealer taking long time to cure

suley001
Finding My Feet

Crommelin pond sealer taking long time to cure

hi guys I sealed my pond with crommelin pond sealer and a couple days later a part of it got a little wet I dried it up and left it for 7 days to cure when I first painted it but the part that get wet still hasn't cured will I need to coat this again or just wait longer for it to cure? thanks in advance for any help yous can give me 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: crommelin pond sealer

@THowell,

I have had a chat with Crommelin Technical Assistance and the only time they've ever heard of the sealer not curing is if it has come in contact with water before it dried. This could be water touching it after it's been applied or water in the substrate that was coated. 

Was the ornament in water before you applied the sealant? If so, did you let it dry fully for several days before applying the sealer? 

If water has contaminated the coating, then it's recommended that you remove the un-cured coating and apply a new one.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

The ornament was never put in water before applying and I followed the directions on the container correctly.

I even waited two weeks after the last coat was applied to put it in water.

Think ill sand off the sealant and try a different product.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

If no water was involved @THowell, then something strange has occurred. I'll be more than happy to facilitate a return on the product for you. 

Please see one of our helpful team members at your local store's Returns Desk. Let them know that you've spoken to a team member who contacted Crommelin's technical assistance, and you need to return the product as it hasn't met expectations. Let me know if you have any issues returning the product, and I'll make contact with the store for you.

I apologise for the inconvenience.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects