Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Curved garden path using heritage pavers

Yorky88
Becoming a Leader

Curved garden path using heritage pavers

8C5C6808-7472-47A2-BB51-2B572A0AF3B8.jpeg

88903DF7-37BD-4D6F-988D-71D78A85FBC9.jpeg

Here is a garden path I built using recycled heritage pavers for a big landscaping job we did in Fremantle. This was actually quite a technical path to build due to the curves in its design but I am super stoked with how it turned out. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Curved garden path using heritage pavers

Great job as always @Yorky88. Watch out for questions from community members on how to replicate those beautiful curves!

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Yorky88
Becoming a Leader

No problem at all. I have time lapse video of how it was done. 👍🏻

wooshka
Making a Splash

Nice path @Yorky88 , i always love doing curves with paving and brickwork , always wander why i punish myself but the finished product is worth it, i think i can see a straight bit!

Fatsquare
Growing in Experience

I have paving in my backyards, but it sinks and uneven. The paver

IMG_20220714_143008.jpg

is cracked as well. It is a old house. I want to remove all pave and redo new paver. But I am still worrring it will come back to same situation again? Any idea for the paver base?

Hi @Fatsquare,

To prevent paving sinking, you must prepare the base properly with the correct mediums. Have a look at this article on How to lay paving for a path. To get the best results, you should use a compacted roadbase and then compacted paving sand on top of it. Since you've experienced subsidence issues already, I'd encourage you to hire a plate compactor to ensure your base is thoroughly compressed.

If you spend the time on the base, it will ensure you don't see issues in the future. Also, if you gave those pavers a thorough cleaning with a high-pressure washer and cleaning solution, they might be nice enough to re-use.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects