Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a side yard garden wall.

darwinnuez
Just Starting Out

How to build a side yard garden wall.

I am so new to and ignorant to this DIY thing. I am planning to make a garden wall using sleepers. and Retain-iT posts. Do i need to put sleepers including at the back where the colorbond fence are?  Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to build a side yard garden wall.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @darwinnuez. It's fabulous to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Are you making a standalone wall or are you going to be filling behind it with soil and making a garden bed? If you are filling behind it with soil you'll need to have sleepers at the back as well. The Colorbond fence can not have soil piled against it.

You should find this step-by-step tutorial helpful: How to build a raised garden bed. You might also be interested in checking out these posts for inspiration: Top 10 most popular raised garden beds.

Please let me know if you need further information or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell,

I am making a garden bed. So I obviously need sleepers on both sides. Thanks for the advice.

Darwin

@darwinnuez,

It's fantastic to hear that it will be a garden bed. Keep us updated on your progression as I trust our members will be excited to see your finished project.

Please let me know if you need further assistance with your project.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects