Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to change cutting blades on Ozito Rapid Shredder?

Smithrj
Building a Reputation

How to change cutting blades on Ozito Rapid Shredder?

Hi, I tried to change over the cutting blades in my Ozito Rapid Shredder. The screws holding the blades down were very difficult to loosen. After several applications of WD40 and some brute force I managed to get one blade swapped over, but the other is stuck fast. The screws holding it seem to be siezed and the tool provided to unscrew them (a large hex key) has just stripped the hexagonal head of the screws. Can anyone suggest how I may be able to remove them ? Many thanks.

mckeeje
Just Starting Out

Re: How to change cutting blades on Ozito Rapid Shredder?

It helps to first remove the safety guard and then remove holding plate, then place it a vice and use a decent sized hex key that has some leverage.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to change cutting blades on Ozito Rapid Shredder?

Hello @mckeeje 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining the discussion.

Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge on this matter. It definitely would have helped having the holding plate on a vice. I'm sure our members who are in a similar situation will find this information very useful.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects