Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to hide the garden tap?

pere2020
Just Starting Out

How to hide the garden tap?

Hi team, new comer here. Want to hide my front garden tap and water meter. Any ideas please 

21FC33F8-005B-4F3C-A3D3-35594943FA17.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: hide the garden tap

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @pere2020. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about hiding taps and water meters.

Do you want to hide them because they are unsightly or because you don't want them tampered with? There are likely several methods you could use to disguise them, but if you'd like to tell our members a bit more about what sort of landscaping will be taking place, that could assist them in making informed suggestions. Be aware that you can't hide the meters so well that the meter reader can't find them, as the water authority will just start sending you estimates.

Have you considered having the taps moved to another, more convenient location? That way, you'd only need to disguise the meters, which could be done with a low ground cover planting. Remember, once you lay your topsoil and grass, those meters will sit only just above it, not up in the air like they are now.

You could make an enclosure out of Merbau screening, but although it will hide the taps and meters, you'll then be left with a box in the middle of your lawn. Still, it might be better than looking at the taps and meters. I think some shallow-rooted plants around them could work, or perhaps some raised garden beds installed with your landscaping could too.

If this is to stop people from using your taps, you look to already have an anti-vandal key on the recycled water tap. That tap handle can be removed, and the drinking water tap can be replaced with a FIX-A-TAP 13mm 1/2" Chrome Plated Tap N Snap Anti Vandal Tap.

I'm keen to hear more about your landscaping and offer further suggestions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects