Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install Kinetic heritage garden tap post?

suresbun
Just Starting Out

How to install Kinetic heritage garden tap post?

According to product specification, water inlet is shown at 290mm from base.

(1)If the top of concrete base is set at 20mm below inlet, the pipe embedment into concrete base will be 270mm (I.e. 290-20). Is this correct?(2)The recommended depth of concrete base is approx 400mm. If the inlet pipe is 300mm below ground, the depth of required hole for the base

20220420_155424.jpg

should be 720mm (I.e. 300+20+400). Is this correct? Please comment.

Regards,

Suresh 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to install Kinetic heritage garden tap post?

Hello @suresbun

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about the Kinetic garden tap post.

If you are connecting your garden hose to this post you only need to bury the post 260mm deep into the cement footing. Do not measure from the bottom of the footing but from the top. If you bury it too deep you will not be able to connect your garden hose to the inlet of the post. The bottom inlet or water connection as they call it must be above the cement footing.

They are showing you the measurement of 290mm to give you an idea of how far the connection is from the end of the post. You must then measure from the bottom of the water connection down by 20mm and place a mark there so that you'll know that the post must not go deeper than that.

I've placed a diagram below of how it's supposed to be mounted on the cement footing.

If you have any other questions regarding its installation, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
suresbun
Just Starting Out

Thanks Eric for your clear explanation and great sketch.

Regards,

Suresh

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

I'm glad to hear that you found @EricL's excellent sketch helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects