Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to make a sheep planter

Jamespeter100
Making a Splash

How to make a sheep planter

Considerations making a sheep. Since pallet wood is being used, need a tub. Bunnings sell tubs.Considerations making a sheep. Since pallet wood is being used, need a tub. Bunnings sell tubs.Sheep can be heavy, so need to think about a sheep carrier. The height of the legs needs to be enough, so a trolley can slide underneath the sheep.Sheep can be heavy, so need to think about a sheep carrier. The height of the legs needs to be enough, so a trolley can slide underneath the sheep.Note, some tubs are higher than others. Some have handles. Need a gap to reach in to lift the tub out. I have a few tubs with plants growing, so they can be swapped around.Note, some tubs are higher than others. Some have handles. Need a gap to reach in to lift the tub out. I have a few tubs with plants growing, so they can be swapped around.Here is a lower tub.Here is a lower tub.Study your pallet, this one has seven slats.Study your pallet, this one has seven slats.Pencil was used, but it didn't show up in the picture, hence, used the computer to past lines on the pictures.Pencil was used, but it didn't show up in the picture, hence, used the computer to past lines on the pictures.The lines.The lines.A circular saw can be used, but I finda jigsaw gives a neater cut.A circular saw can be used, but I finda jigsaw gives a neater cut.Lifting the slats up that will form the front and back.Lifting the slats up that will form the front and back.Cutting out the two sides.Cutting out the two sides.First one done.First one done.The two sides top and bottom, the slats from the middle can be lifted up. Sometimes a hack saw blade needs to be used to separate the slats.The two sides top and bottom, the slats from the middle can be lifted up. Sometimes a hack saw blade needs to be used to separate the slats.The tub is placed between the two sides, and the sides are pushed up against the tub.The lifted slats form the front and back.The tub is placed between the two sides, and the sides are pushed up against the tub.The lifted slats form the front and back.Can use a slat underneath, and not worry about the size of the tub.Can use a slat underneath, and not worry about the size of the tub.One end is on. The round sections are done by using a paint can to have the same radius half circles at the edges and the top.One end is on. The round sections are done by using a paint can to have the same radius half circles at the edges and the top.Packaging wood, about 3/4 inch thick. Great for making the legs and head.Packaging wood, about 3/4 inch thick. Great for making the legs and head.Img_5821.jpgUsing a trolley to set the height of the sheep, so teh trolley can be pushed underneath.Using a trolley to set the height of the sheep, so teh trolley can be pushed underneath.IMG_5825.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Making a sheep planter for the front garden.

We've had many admirers of your pallet barnyard animals both here on Workshop and on Instagram @Jamespeter100. Many thanks for sharing a step-by-step for making your own. I'm sure many people will be inspired by your work and keen to create their own. 

Great work!

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

Can I ask where you got the tubs from for this project, they look like a great size. Also where did you get the pallet from I heard Bunnings may give away their un-used pine pallets.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

D8E6BCF6-7286-4F5C-BAF7-DB3F628BB169.png

I like the thicker plastic, that could be UV stabilised as well. The cheaper ones last a few years as well. I like the pallets at Bunnings Modbury. They fit in the rear foot well of a Camry I have. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects