Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to rejuvenate Buffalo Lawn or start again?

LinL
Just Starting Out

How to rejuvenate Buffalo Lawn or start again?

My buffalo lawn is not doing well. I’ve neglected it. Lots of bare and dry spots. Areas under shade is doing better. Wondering if it can be revived with lots of love and care or should I start again and returf my lawn? If I can revive it, please let me know what to do. There’s some weeds and there’s a patch of a different type of grass growing in some spots, one with a finer leaf. Thanks

IMG_7164.jpeg

Fine leaf grass

IMG_7457X.jpegIMG_7352D.jpegIMG_7450.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to rejuvenate Buffalo Lawn or start again?

Hello @LinL

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your lawn.

It seems that over 70% of your lawn has died off. It would take some time if you were to attempt a recovery step. There's no guarantee that all of the turf would come back. I recommend re-turfing so that you can start fresh.

Parts of your lawn area have no turf at all and you'll have to seed those areas in order for the turf to grow back. If you were to rely on the natural growth of the turf it will take a while before the entire area is covered again.

Here are some handy step-by-step guides: 

Let me call on our experienced members @Adam_W and @Noelle for their recommendations.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please don't hesitate to post them.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects