Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove clover from lawn?

ProjectK
Finding My Feet

How to remove clover from lawn?

Hello everyone,

I'm a newcomer to this wonderful forum and am excited about gaining gardening knowledge from this vibrant community.

I've come across a weed in my garden and I'm curious to learn more about its specific type. I've managed to take some pictures of it. Additionally, I'm seeking recommendations for an effective herbicide to address this weed issue.

Any insights or suggestions from the forum members would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a ton in advance!weedweedcloseupcloseupweedweedmy grassmy grass

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Weed and a good herbicide

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Kanweera. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about lawns weeds.

That would be clover, a common lawn weed. It's easily handled by spraying the patches with Yates 250ml BuffaloPro Selective Bindii And Broadleaf Weed Killer Concentrate. Just grab a cheap garden sprayer and mix the concentrate into it. Apply it to the clover and then wait a few weeks. If parts have not died off, repeat the process.

The product is perfectly safe to use on your lawn, and it also effectively removes other weeds like bindii, jo-jo, catsear, cudweed, dandelion, plantains, thistles, creeping oxalis, capeweed, creeping buttercup and fleabane.

Here's a handy guide you might like to read through: How to detect lawn problems.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you so much for the quick reply. 🙏

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

My pleasure @Kanweera. Keep us updated and reach out again if you have further questions; we're here to help.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects