Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to run a line manually on Gardena Automatic Water Distributor?

jwestford
Finding My Feet

How to run a line manually on Gardena Automatic Water Distributor?

Can I run the lines individually using the manual button somehow? The booklet seem to suggest you could but I can't see how. 

I'm using the Automatic Water Distributor with the Master Water Computer. I have 5 lines scheduled starting at 5am in the morning. But I want to adjust and check them without having to get up early! The pressure at the tap is low so I need to run the lines one at a time to be able to test the trickers and see how far they spray. Thanks for the help!

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to run a line manually on Gardena Automatic Water Distributor?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @jwestford. It's fantastic to have you join us.

Let me tag @Adam_W and @Noelle for their suggestions. Our resident D.I.Y. expert @MitchellMc will also be happy to help when he's back on the site on Friday.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noelle
Kind of a Big Deal

Sounds like an ideal one for Mitchell - not my area of expertise, I'm afraid.

Adam_W
Workshop Legend

Hi @jwestford I'm not totally familiar with the distributor but I assume it just rotates through each 'zone'?
There should be a manual over-ride on the water computer that just allows you to turn it to 'On'. That should then trigger the distributor and allow you to check everything.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @jwestford,

The Automatic Water Distributor is a non-smart item that simply switches between zones when it senses the Master Water Computer pauses water flow. To run it manually, you would do so from the Master Water Computer. As per the instructions: Active (manual) watering- To activate a watering operation manually, press the tap icon. Please note that a minimum duration of 30 seconds and a pause of at least 5 minutes must be observed. The team at Gardena are also super helpful, and if you contact them, I'm sure they'll be able to walk you through any functions.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Thanks @StevieB  @Adam_W@Noelle , @MitchellMc for your replies and efforts in assisting. I've been experimenting and so far have had success with either pressing the manual watering button repeatedly to cycle through the different watering zones, or pressing the manual zone selector on the Automatic Distributor itself to select the zone I want to manually water. I think the Computer and Distributor are a brilliant solution; very happy with them.

It's great to hear you've worked it out @jwestford

Please let us know anytime you need assistance. We're here to help.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects