Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to seal cut sienna treated Pine sleepers?

jjwill
Finding My Feet

How to seal cut sienna treated Pine sleepers?

Hi, I'm about to build new raised vegie beds and will use the sienna treated pine sleepers. Some will need cutting, and it says in the Bunnings listing that cuts should be sealed with CN oil. Can you suggest some products that are safe to use when growing food please? 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to seal cut sienna treated pine sleepers

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @jjwill. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about re-sealing treated Pine.

We stock Tanalised Enseal Timber Treatment which is a Zinc-based treatment. I'll need to enquire with the manufacturer after the weekend to ensure this currently stocked product is suitable for your purposes.

Many thanks for your patience.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @jjwill,

You can use Gripset Betta Bitumen Rubber for anything going into the ground. This is a black-coloured product, so for any exposed edges, you might wish to use the Tanalised Enseal Timber Treatment, which is clear. I've spoken to the manufacturer of this product, and they've advised that it is entirely safe to use. However, it is a chemical product, and if you have any concerns, you can line your garden bed with Builder's Plastic. Just make sure to add several holes at the base for water drainage.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects