Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Lawn seed

Garth
Finding My Feet

Lawn seed

Could someone please help me. I wish to replant my lawn with grass seed and would like to know which is the best seed to use in Cairns FNQ> regardsGarth

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Lawn seed

Hi @Garth,

Welcome to Workshop.

Let me tag our resident lawn care expert in @Adam_W who might like to kick off the discussion with his thoughts on what lawn seeds are most appropriate for you up in Cairns. 

Do you know what type of lawn you currently have? 

Feel free to post anytime you need a hand with a project around the house and garden. And please let me know if you ever need assistance getting the most from the Workshop site.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Garth
Finding My Feet

Re: Lawn seed

NO the name escapes me at this time, but it has been down since cpt. cook planted it hi . I was thinking of planting a couch lawn  ,but would prefer a grass growing vertical so as I can keep it mowed with a hand mower for something to do, It is just over 120 sqr.mtrs. I ddo have an 3electric mower but not that fussed either way really I do hand water twice a week out of the wet period . Do not really need a sprinkler ,and the lawn looks pretty patchy I have tried a couple of Bunnings packs just to see the effect, but nothing I really like so far. I can kill all the grass at  the same time with no worries but would like to be ready before the wet is finished this year Regards Garth.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects