Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Lockdown veggie patch

LisasGarden
Making a Splash

Lockdown veggie patch

We have a large garden just under 4 acres. It is forever evolving but I hadn’t grown veggies until lockdown and must admit am now a little obsessed. I started out with 3 veggie raised beds from Bunnings a bargain at $19 each. It had to be fenced as we have a very hungry Golden  Retriever and rabbits.  The area didn’t quite get enough sun  but am pretty pleased overall. The fence has now been taken down and I will just grow herbs, flowers and veggies that Audrey doesn’t like and have I planted a Forest Pansy (from Bunnings)  I have a new area  I am working on with wine barrels and a larger raised  garden bed. Stay tuned!! 

F7866991-11C3-497A-9500-73632D8A7A51.jpeg

99F189D6-5E77-42E7-A141-F735AA0A6F30.jpeg

A7308B93-1B4C-4C6C-8A25-C43189B0ACB5.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Lockdown veggie patch

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @LisasGarden. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your project.

I think lockdown has seen many of us turn to our gardens, if for no other reason than to clear our minds for a little while. I have also created a couple of veggie patches during the time, and I've found them delightful, especially with a young daughter to help. It just gives us another thing that entertains her, and she loves getting her hands dirty and pulling carrots.

You've really achieved a spectacular crop there, considering the less than optimal sun conditions. All the plants look rather healthy! Those 120 x 90 x 30cm Merino Raised Garden Bed really are great value, and I'm impressed to see how well you've utilised them.

I look forward to hearing more about your plans around the garden and encourage you to keep us updated on your progress.

Great work.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell, I have plenty more things to share!!

diy_hausdesigns
Amassing an Audience

This is really nice. I too am somewhat obsessed with my veggie patch. Awesome work 👍🏽

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects