Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

My guava plant is not doing well

KrishnaKumar
Just Starting Out

My guava plant is not doing well

D2A29876-B99C-4DBD-A708-8F5388CCA433.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: My guava plant is not doing well

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @KrishnaKumar. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about Guava plant care.

I'm so sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your plant. It certainly doesn't look too healthy. Perhaps you could tell us a little about the care you've been providing for it. How often are you watering, and how hot has the weather been there lately? I suspect that the plant is either over or underwatered. Did you add some potting mix to the hole before planting it, as the soil in that location might be of poor quality?

At this stage, I presume you'll find it hard to recover the plant. If you purchased it from us, I suggest you utilise our  Perfect Plant Promise. When you pick up a new plant, I recommend following this guide: How to grow Guava.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

we have put premium garden blend and compost while planting. watering once in 2 days . Melbourne weather has been bit scorchy extreme heat over last 2 weeks, any tips that we could try to see if it could be revived?

While it's still hot, I'd recommend watering when the soil begins to dry out @KrishnaKumar. In extreme heat, that could be every day or even twice a day, so stick your finger in the soil next to it to check. I'd also look at setting up some shadecloth to prevent midday and afternoon sun hitting the plant.  

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects