Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

New front garden project

Juzz85
Growing in Experience

New front garden project

Here's an insight on my progress on our place that needs a little TLC. I'll start with my front garden which I'm going to slowly turn into a feature garden over time. Stay tuned for updates in time. 

We bought a place about a year ago, that requires a fair bit of work, but due to the location and the price we picked it up for I think as we put some renovations in and a little bit of sweat and blood we will be well rewarded. 

Nothing against the previous owners, but they had some weird and wonderful ideas that need to get changed over time. 

I've started with the front section of our garden, the property had already been fenced in and we quite like the idea as we have a toddler running around. But manually opening the gates was getting on our nerves. So I started with a few designs that have changed as we've gone along with the process. 

I will let the pictures and designs do the talking, nothing ever goes to the original perfect SketchUp though.:). Sitll a long way off finishing but happy to hear opinions good or bad! And the electric gate slats are getting painted "monument black" same colour as the roof getting sprayed shortly. 

Front Garden sketch up.JPG20180514_151801.jpgnew gate .jpg

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Feature Garden (Pretty Much the whole front yard)

Nice start @Juzz85 - I'm a fan of the front fence/gate when done right and yours is looking the goods. I like Monument as a colour - I have it on my current home but have noticed some fading (built in 2010). That's one the reasons I've gone for a lighter colour on the new home.

If you're planning a concrete/aggregate driveway give me a shout as I'll be able to help you out with that.

Good luck with it all - keen to see the finished product.

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Juzz85
Growing in Experience

Updates.

First coat is on.
Still have window frames to gloss. Gutters, Downpipes. And then the roof.

And then, the framing under that front patio roofing will be going along with that silly Red Door!

20180517_115011.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the update @Juzz85.

If you click on the reply button to this message, you will have access to the full text editor including the option to upload images. 

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Coming together very nicely @Juzz85

You don't want to leave the downpipes the current colour so they're a bit camouflaged?

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Juzz85
Growing in Experience

@ProjectPete I was thinking the same thing, going to be a trial and error thing for the colours but that colorbond cream will be eliminated over time...

Keep in mind those wooden 'walls' underneath that front patio are old door frames used as walls!! It was like they used it as a sun room of some sort. So eventually I'll be pulling them out and I have some railway sleepers for supports under that cream patio roof you see at the moment (verandah type entrance). See rough sketchup below. Time consuming stuff but should be worth it all in the end! 

front patio.JPG

Juzz85
Growing in Experience

Monument Roof.JPG

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects