Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Pallet timber potting bench with drawers

janelle13
Growing in Experience

Pallet timber potting bench with drawers

20220102_073251.jpg

This is my first upcycled pallet project. It was made entirely of recycled materials except for the fixings.

Firstly, I cut the pallet in half and cut all the other timbers with a circular saw. Then I started to assemble the framework which was a comedy of errors with timber legs falling over and pallets dropping on my feet. I eventually got it, or so I thought. When I tried to put the fibro backboard on, nothing was level. I soon realised one end of the pallet workbench was 1cm lower than the other three. 

With that rectified,  I was able to move on to the next problem - how to attach the pressed tin tiles to the fibro backing. I had painted the tiles and given them a vintage look. After much trial and error, Liquid Nails seem to work the best.

For finishing touches I added a couple of shelves and two fake drawers in the spaces in the pallets. I attached some wooden drawer pulls that I had spray painted over a doiley to give a boho effect.

20211225_113736.jpg

  

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Pallet timber potting bench with drawers

Sensational work, @janelle13! What an excellent way to recycle a pallet that otherwise would be destined for a landfill. Did you know that 140,000 tonnes of pallet timber goes straight into landfill each year in Sydney alone? Absolutely mind-boggling when it could be turned into beautiful items like your potting bench. Congrats on saving one of those pallets from going into the ground.

I love the pressed tin tiles and the additional work you've put in to tie this whole design together. It's a really inspiring piece, and I trust you're proud of your efforts.

Well done, and many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects