Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Path options

Calli
Getting Established

Path options

Looking for recommendations on a side path. What would you do? Stepping path or crushed rock from front gate? Getting new grass from cubby towards where photo is being taken (TifTuf) 

New turf to start at cubby stairsNew turf to start at cubby stairs6FE514CC-1437-477B-AFA0-EC0836AE92F2.jpeg8E87482A-A2F5-450F-B02D-FE369E289C6D.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Path options

Hi @Calli,

I think the area would look quite nice done in crushed rock and then a simple stepping stone path through the middle. I like the crushed rock idea especially if you are to continue with the succulents and yuccas. Let me mention the very talented @Yorky88 to see if he would like to join in the discussion. He's shared some fantastic paving jobs on Workshop and might have some ideas for the area.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Calli 

We have previously employed the idea of using pavers and pebbles between them. I'll add a photo below for reference.

Looking forward to seeing other suggestions from members.

Jason

IMG_1835.jpg

Calli
Getting Established

Thanks Jason, that looks great. 

this is where we are up to. 0B114FD1-5C1B-48D4-A10F-355B21C5411E.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@Calli,

It looks like you have made some great progress there. How did you go laying the turf and have you decided what type of path you'll lay?

Mitchell

Calli
Getting Established

9ABD1E49-B32E-4D0A-930B-DFDC3E2BDC64.jpeg

Husband did a great job laying the turf. Now we are watering vigilantly. 

We have decided to do pavers and stones, do we need to lay weed mat? 

1E287D9F-AE5D-4C84-BB24-B9664DED9E94.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@Calli,

It looks like your husband did a great job on the turf. Make sure you don't overwater, as grass being laid at this time of year doesn't need as much as in spring or summer. If the soil under the turf is dry give it some water if it is still moist do not.

Laying weed mat now can save having to deal with weeds later down the track. Depending on the thickness of the stone layer the weeds might not be able to penetrate them. However, for a minimal investment now, before laying the stones, it would be a good time to consider weed matting.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects