Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Plans for wheelchair accessible vegetable garden beds

Djthornbird
Finding My Feet

Plans for wheelchair accessible vegetable garden beds

Hello, I am helping design a garden for NDIS participants and would love to know if anyone has any plans or photos of great designs for wheelchair accessible garden beds.  They will be predominantly for growing vegetables.  I have a huge site to work with (1300sqm) so I have room to make many garden beds for people of varying abilities, in the long term public will also be invited to use this garden.   We could purchase some but we are hoping to get materials donated and having a working bee to get them built. Thankyou in advance 

Danielle

genU Community Garden

Thornbury, Victoria

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Plans for wheelchair accessible vegetable garden beds

Welcome Danielle (@Djthornbird) and thanks for reaching out to the Bunnings Workshop community with your question.

I was about to direct you to this discussion, but I see that you've found your way there already. @EricL (who drew up the plans in this discussion) will be back on the site over the weekend and could help you get started on this project. You might also like to check out these projects:

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Arismac,

We've missed you on the community! Hope you are staying safe and well. 

I was wondering whether you might be able to contribute to this discussion?

Many thanks,

Jason

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Djthornbird

It's great that you've received fantastic advice from @StevieB. We would be more than happy to help you with planning out your project. Using 1300 square meters for gardening is a great idea. Making the entire site wheelchair accessible is an interesting design challenge. Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the area and the measurements on each side. This will give our members an idea of how the plot is laid out and allow us to give you a comprehensive recommendation. I'm sure our members are keen to contribute their knowledge to this project. Please keep us updated, we look forward to seeing the photos.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects