Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Plants suitable for a driveway garden?

kasif
Just Starting Out

Plants suitable for a driveway garden?

Hello, thank you for letting me join this site. To all of the experienced Gardner’s. We live in a Californian Bungalow that has a narrow driveway. The driveway has brick on one side and colour bond on the other and is north east facing. A lot of afternoon sun in summer and not as much in winter.  I have a few oblong cement pots.  I would like advice on what plants would best survive the heat and cooler months. Thank you, Paula

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: drive way garden.

Hello Paula (@kasif

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We are delighted to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your driveway garden.

If you are planting decorative plants here is a link that should be handy: Winter Flowers Planting Guide by Regional Zones. However, if you decide to plant veggies instead, try this link recommended by one of our members @timjeffriesGardenate.

Here's a great article on How to fill a raised garden bed written by our experienced member @Noelle. I'm confident you'll find useful information that will guide you when preparing your planters.

In case you are looking for other ideas and inspiration: Top 10 most popular raised garden beds

Please let us know if you have more questions, we are more than happy to assist.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects