Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Please help me to find lawn seed variety

rvkiruba
Growing in Experience

Please help me to find lawn seed variety

Hi There,

Could you please help to find the Lawn Seed variety? Please see attached pictures.

The landscaper sow seeds on last year, during drought time. The grasses grown up like a patches and there are empty areas here and there.

I thought to sow seeds now so the grasses can grow like others.

The landscaper buy seeds from wholesaler like a bulk quantity. So he doesn't know the variety.

(I can buy it from him. but seeing his recent work in one of the neighbor house i thought to not buy from him; mostly weeds grown up instead grass)

Please help me.

Thanks.

regards,

KirubaIMG_3373.jpgIMG_3374.jpgIMG_3372.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Please help me to find lawn seed variety

Hello @rvkiruba

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining us and sharing your question about finding a certain lawn seed variety.

Looking at your photo the leaves look very similar to Lawn Solutions Australia 1m² Sir Grange Zoysia Turf. I recommend calling your local store to see if they carry slabs of the Zoysia Turf. It's possible to grow grass lawn seeds, but you will have to wait approximately three weeks for the grass to grow. By using turf slabs, you can immediately repair areas that have no grass.

Here is a handy link to help you repair your lawn: How to repair a lawn by @Adam_W

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How to revive your lawn 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
rvkiruba
Growing in Experience

Re: Please help me to find lawn seed variety

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your information. Much appreciated !

I will have a look and work it out.

Thank you again and stay safe.

regards,

kiruba

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects