Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Potting frangipanis

greenelves
Just Starting Out

Potting frangipanis

Hello I  am not best green thumb but I have a frangipani trying to save it's been knocked over in wind a few times so stem is bent has not died yet but needs a much bigger pot best soil how do I transplant to a bigger pot ? Thankyou

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: potting frangipanis

Hi @greenelves,

Welcome to Workshop.

You've come to the right place. Resident horticulturalist @Noelle has shared a very helpful step-by-step guide for how to pot a plant.

Note that in Step 1 Noelle advises to be careful when choosing a new pot that you don't want to choose a pot that is too big for your plant. Excess potting mix beyond the roots may turn sour, becoming smelly and also possibly damaging developing root tips.

Let us know if you have any questions following reading the guide.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Grub80
Making a Splash

Re: Potting frangipanis

hi @greenelves frangipanis like very free draining soil, even sand, so make sure your soil is not heavy. Most young plants require staking so, tie it to a stake, to help it along. Not too much water, and maybe shelter against the wind for a few months, to give the plant the best chance to get Re-established good luck 😉 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects