Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Privacy

tisme
Growing in Experience

Privacy

What can I do to create privacy on my side porch the neighbour can look right in the flyscreen /glass sliding door.  we live in a rental so it cant be permanent maybe tall plants in pots or something ??IMG_1611.JPG

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Privacy

Hi @tisme,

Welcome to the Workshop community. I'm sure our ever-helpful community will have some clever and creative suggestions for you to increase your privacy.  

Feel free to post anytime you need assistance around the house and garden - we have many wonderful members who are constantly sharing helpful advice and inspiring projects on the site. And please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the Workshop site. We're here to help.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Kermit
Amassing an Audience

So many options @tisme. One very cheap and easy option if you're happy to have the glass sliding door closed is opaque window film. But it obviously won't help you if you want to have the door open and just the flyscreen closed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYxxakujj2I

Another super easy option - a fence extension that just hooks over the existing fence. Eg https://www.bunnings.com.au/lattice-makers-2400-x-500mm-corral-privacy-fence-extension_p0048689

More elaborate option would be a vertical garden. They can be freestanding and would easily cover the height you need and be a great place to grow vegies and herbs and or flowers - whatever you want. Examples here - https://www.bunnings.com.au/search/products?page=1&q=vertical%20garden&sort=BoostOrder&pageSize=60 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Workshop community @tisme. It's great to have you join us and I'd be happy to suggest some options.

There is a great range of Matrix screens available, which would provide privacy and look fantastic. There is also a Channel Frame Kit that can be used to provide rigidity. In your circumstance considering it's a rental and can't be permanent, you would need to use an appropriate fixing method. If you drive Whites 165cm Ultraposts into the ground either side, they would provide strength to the frames and a place for fixings. Ultraposts have a series of holes in them which could screw through into the frames.

If you were looking for a more budget option, treated pine lattice is a good alternative. You could use the Ultraposts again, but slightly longer version as there is no frame for support. You may wish to grow some climbing plants up these to create a complete screening.

If you would like any further information about this process or our products, please let me know. Thanks again for your question.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects