Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Raised garden bed

moshiach77
Building a Reputation

Raised garden bed

9D51B35E-B103-4E11-A14B-A91986545123.jpeg

Dutchy73
Just Starting Out

Re: Raised garden bed

This looks amazing, any chance for the plan?

Duckers1
Just Starting Out

Looks great - do you by chance sell them?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Duckers1 and @Dutchy73,

Let me tag project creator @moshiach77 for you so they are alerted to your questions. Great to see you are inspired by their work.

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the community to you both. Please feel free to post anytime you need a hand with a project or have something to share. We have lots of helpful members who are always happy to share their experience and knowledge. And please let me know if you need assistance getting the most from the site or have any feedback about how we can further improve Workshop for you.

All the best,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
PhoebeAmelia
Just Starting Out

What  did you use as the base? 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion @PhoebeAmelia. Let me tag @moshiach77 for you so they are alerted to your question about the base.

Have you seen our Top 10 most popular raised garden beds on Workshop? It might provide further inspiration for you.

There's also the excellent How to build a raised garden bed from @Adam_W for a specific step-by-step project build.

Please feel free to post anytime you need a hand with a project around the house or garden. We have clever and creative members sharing advice and inspiration on the site every day. And please let me know if you need help getting the most from the site or have any feedback about how we can ensure Workshop is even more helpful to you.

Thanks again,

Jason

Pirihira
Just Starting Out

Hi all, I have built some raised U-shaped pallet gardens. 

My question is . . . 

1. what goes in next?

Rocks? Stones? Shingle? branches?

2. How much high? 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Pirihira,

Welcome to Workshop. 

This previous Workshop discussion should get you started - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Garden/What-soil-for-filling-a-raised-garden-bed/m-p/14205

What you use to fill your new garden beds really depends on what you plan to grow and the size of the beds. If you'd like to provide more detail, and better still, provide a photo, I'm sure our clever and helpful members will be more than happy to assist.

Jason

lucas
Just Starting Out

I have been searching for raised garden bed ideas for a couple of months now. Hopefully this will help me make my own.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

You've certainly come to the right place @lucas! Welcome to the Workshop community. 

I trust you will also find these resources really helpful:

Please feel free to post anytime you need a hand with anything. We have helpful members sharing advice and inspiration every day. 

Jason

gifurung
Finding My Feet

Hello everyone!

That looks great!

Nice to be in this community, very new to gardening and DIYs and so excited to learn from all of you. 

I wanted to improve my backyard by adding some DIY raised bed but not sure of where to start. is there a workshop for this? would also want to know what are the costs involved. Thirdly, would anyone know where to source a galvanised planter box that's hollow (no bottom part - not even sure if this makes sense.)

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects