Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Raised garden beds

TheSaltyreefer
Becoming a Leader

Raised garden beds

RaisedGardenBeds.jpg

Been very dry this year, but the Vegie patch is doing well.

I chose the Microshade Sleepers from Bunnings, look great and perfect for Garden\Kids play area's etc :smile: Termite resistant also

Made 2 straight up to get things going, based on a Hugelkulture principle, will be making 2 more shortly, Vegies are going well.

It startsIt startshere we gohere we gosetting in placesetting in place3.jpgHere we goHere we goLove itLove it

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Raised garden beds

Hi @yana,

Let me tag @TheSaltyreefer for you so he is alerted to your question about what posts were used in this popular project.

Can you give us more details of what you are planning to build? Then I'm sure @EricL and other community members would be happy to share their thoughts on the most appropriate posts to use. 

Many thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Raised garden beds

Hello @yana

Are you building your own raised garden bed? If you have a plan drawn up, we would love to see it. I recommend using a 200 x 50mm 2.4m H4 Micropro Sienna Pine Sleeper. It is ideal for landscaping, garden beds, parks, and children's playgrounds.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How to build a raised garden bed by @Adam_W

Let me tag our experienced member @LePallet and see if they have other timber recommendations for raised garden beds.

My other recommendation earlier was Cypress timber and as you mentioned is currently not available at the store. My suggestion is to call around your local garden stores and see if they have it in stock.

We look forward to seeing your garden bed project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects