Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Retaining wall for front yard

desfrois
Just Starting Out

Retaining wall for front yard

Hi team,

I am about to build a retaining wall for my frontyard and would like some tips to start. I know H4 sleeper treated Pines are the ones I need to use and would like to know what all I need to have before I can get into it.

Thanks and look forward to some advise and tips to build the retaining wall.

Frontyard size :

lenght : 9 meters
width :3.5 meters

Thanks 

Desmond

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: retaining wall for frontyard

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community Desmond (@desfrois). It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

I'd recommend you start by reading through this step-by-step tutorial: How to build a retaining wall by @Adam_W. Adam shows you how to build a retaining wall and suggests everything you need to get started. The Retain-it range of posts are a great solution to constructing a retaining wall and produce a fantastic looking slimline wall.

You might also be interested in these previous retaining wall discussions:

Please let us know if you have any questions that weren't covered in the tutorial or discussions. 

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell.

Sounds great, I will check this out now.

Cheers

Desmond

I also have this Stormwater drain which I'm presumming I need to cut off the pipe to ground level but want to know if that's all what I need to do or do I need to run a Drain Pipe into the Drain ? 

I have attched a pic of this as well.

Cheers

Des

1602376580603460940124787575849.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@desfrois,

I would suggest levelling that soil first to the height you require. You can then cut the pipe slightly below the soil level so when you re-attach the grate it is flush with the soil or grass. It would be best to leave it at that height until you have finished the landscaping in the area. I do not believe you need to run any drain pipe into it unless you require additional water drainage in that area.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects